One Pot Chicken & Potatoes
1 hour 20 mins
1 hour 25 mins
- 8 chicken thighs
- 6-8 large potatoes, cut in quarters or halves
- 5-6 carrots, cut in 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut in quarters
- 15-20 garlic cloves, whole
- Kosher salt
- Black ground pepper
- 4 tsp ground pepper or 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp paprika (optional)
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with foil or even better, parchment paper.
- Thoroughly wash the potatoes & carrots with a scrubber and cut them in smaller pieces. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Rinse the chicken under running water & also pat dry with paper towel.
- Add chicken, potatoes and carrots, onion & garlic to the lined baking dish and sprinkle with salt, ground pepper and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil. Toss everything to coat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes. Check for doneness, if the potatoes and chicken thighs are soft and easily pierced with the fork they are ready.
- If the chicken and potatoes have not browned up as much as you would like, turn the broil setting on the oven and broil for 5 minutes. Watch carefully, or they will burn.
- Remove from the oven and serve right away in the baking dish or transfer to a warm serving plate.