New Zealand Bacon & Egg Pie
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 6 -8 slices cooked bacon (fried or grilled)
- 8 eggs (reserve one yolk for brushing pastry)
- 4 teaspoons milk or 4 teaspoons double cream
- 1 onion (not too big)
- leave the pastry out for 20 minutes at least to stop it from tearing when using.
- Cut the rinds of the bacon and chop bacon.
- Whisk eggs putting one yolk to the side.
- Whisk in the milk or cream.
- Chop onion.
- Lay one sheet of pastry in a casserole dish and make sure it comes just over the sides of the dish.
- Prick the base with a fork.
- Sprinkle the onion all over the base.
- Chop the parsley (one whole packet).
- Mix the parsley and bacon in with the egg mixture.
- Pour into the dish.
- Cover with other sheet of pastry and crimp together and cut of any excess pastry.
- Decorate the top if you want.
- Cook for 25 minutes and check its not burning.
- If so, place some tin foil over and place back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes until cooked.