1 tablespoon oil
1 onion (sliced)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 tablespoon butter
8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
1 tablespoon thyme (chopped)
4 ounces spinach
salt and pepper to taste
1 splash dry sherry
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
4 whole wheat crepes (or crepes)
1 handful goat cheese (grumbled)
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onion and saute until just starting to caramelize, about 5-9 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add the butter and let it melt.
5. Add the mushrooms and thyme and season with salt and pepper and saute until they start to caramelize.
6. Add the sherry and deglaze the pan.
7. Add the spinach and saute until it wilts.
8. Reduce the balsamic vinegar to a syrup like consistency in a small sauce pan.
9. Place some of the mushroom and spinach mixture into a crepe followed by some goat cheese and balsamic syrup drizzle and fold.