Recipe: Lobster Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 small lobster tails, (about ¾ ounce each) grilled or poached
- 3 tablespoon compound butter
- 2 soft buns (like hoagie style), sliced almost all the way through horizontally
- 4 slices fontina or white cheddar cheese
- Compound Butter
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot minced
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
- Remove the meat from the cooked lobster tail, discard the shell.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients of the compound butter until they are well combined.
- Spread ½ a tablespoon of butter over the insides of each bun. Reserve the remaining 2 tablespoons.
- On the insides of the buttered bread layer the meat of the lobster and the fontina cheese.
- Melt the remaining butter in a non-stick pan and cook the sandwiches over low heat until they are golden brown on both sides and the cheese has melted.
- Slice each sandwich in half and serve hot.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2