Lemon French toast with fresh strawberries
Author: Alida Ryder
Recipe type: French Toast, Breakfast,
- 4 slices thick bread
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 small punnet strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- maple syrup, to serve
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and lemon zest.
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add a knob of butter/splash of oil.
- Fry the bread for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Combine the strawberries and sugar in a separate bowl and set aside.
- When the French toast is cooked, serve with the strawberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.