Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey and Sweet Potato Frittata
- 5 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 oz grated Gruyere cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 12 ounces peeled Sweet Potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tsp fresh or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 oz leftover turkey breast, chopped
- 1 loose cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Crack the eggs and egg whites into a large bowl. Add 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and a pinch of fresh cracked pepper and beat until blended. Mix in cheese.
Heat a 10-inch nonstick oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and onions to the pan and cook until the onions are golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes and thyme, season with 3/4 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, paprika and pinch of black pepper. Cover and cook the sweet potatoes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp and tender, about 12 minutes. Add the chopped turkey to the skillet and stir to combine. Add the spinach, and cook until wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes.