Italian Purse Appetizer
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
- 9 teaspoons store bought pesto
- 9 tablespoons roasted red pepper, chopped
- 9 tablespoons cheese, shredded ( I used Havarti)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Prep all your ingredients before cutting your dough.
- Once the red pepper is chopped place on paper towels to drain, pat dry.
- Shred the cheese and set aside.
- Make egg wash using the egg and 1 tablespoon of cold water mix with fork and set aside.
- Thaw puff pastry according to the box. The pastry is folded in thirds use that as your guideline to cut 3 long strips.
- Cut into 9 equal squares.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough to a 4x4 piece.
- Place pesto and spread around the square.
- Add chopped roasted red pepper and cheese.
- Brush the egg wash on the edges.
- Pull all four corners together and twist dough, then pinch the sides together.
- Brush the outside with more egg wash, place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.