ITALIAN EGG WONTON CUPS
YIELD: 8 servings
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 18 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 16 (4-1/2-inch square) wonton wrappers
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 8 eggs
- Chopped fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a standard muffin tin with cooking spray. Press 8 wonton wrappers into muffin cups. Gently press a second wonton wrapper into each cup, with corners of second wrapper offset from corners of first wrapper. Take care to press against bottom and sides of cups. Lightly spray wrappers with additional cooking spray.
- Place 1-1/2 tablespoons marinara in each cup, then crack 1 egg into each cup.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks are still soft. Remove wonton cups from muffin pan and garnish with basil and cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.