Caesar Salad Wonton Cups
Everything tastes better in miniature form!
Author: Nagi | RecipeTin Eats
Recipe type: Appetizer, Starter
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 2½ cups cos/romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1½ bacon rashers, diced
- ¼ cup bread, diced finely (preferably stale)
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional - for garnish)
- Olive oil spray
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise, preferably whole egg
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Milk, to adjust consistency
- ¼ tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Fit the wonton wrappers into each hole. Spray the wontons lightly with olive oil. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, until golden and crispy. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Heat a small non stick pan over high heat. Spray with oil, add bacon and sauté until crispy, then remove and drain on absorbent paper towel.
- Return pan to stove, reduce heat to medium high and spray pan with oil. Add finely diced bread. Shake pan (or stir) to brown evenly. Remove mini croutons from pan, scatter over a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Place Dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and whizz until smooth. If it seems too thick, use a tiny splash of milk to adjust the consistency.
- Place cos lettuce, chicken and bacon in a bowl with 6 to 8 tbsp of dressing (depending on how much dressing you want to use) and toss gently to combine.
- Divide the salad between the wonton cups, top with croutons, a pinch of parmesan and a sprinkle of parsley.
- Serve immediately.
1. This makes 1¼ cups of dressing. I found it difficult to make a smaller quantity in my food processor. Keep leftover dressing in the fridge - it will keep for a week. However, my mum made a sensible suggestion - if you use a mortar and pestle to grind the anchovy and garlic to a paste (and assuming you are using finely grated parmesan) then you don't need a blender which means you can make a smaller quantity of dressing (half the dressing is plenty for 12 wonton cups).