Ham Cheddar Cranberry Melt
This simple ham cheddar cranberry melt sandwich is the perfect way to use up leftover Christmas ham. A perfect balance of sweet, salty and cheesy.
- 2 large slices bread (white or whole wheat)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 slices ham
- 1/4 cup ginger laced cranberry orange sauce
- 1/3 cup hearty baby greens
Heat griddler or panini press to medium heat.
Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
Lay 2 slices cheese on the unbuttered side of one slice of bread. Top with ham, cranberry sauce, hearty baby greens and remaining cheese. Top with remaining slice of bread, butter side up.
Add to the griddler and cook for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melty and the bread is toasted.
I like to cook my sandwich at a lower heat for a longer time because it ensures that my whole sandwich will be warmed.