Ham and Smoked Gouda Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
Serves: 2 sandwiches
- Olive oil
- 2 english muffins, split in half
- 6-8 ounces Arla Dofino Smoked Gouda, grated
- 4-6 slices thinly cut ham
- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 3-4 tablespoons butter
- Spread ½ tablespoon of butter on each of the cut sides of the english muffin slices. Drizzle a little olive oil in a non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Depending on the size of your pan, you will want to cook one sandwich at a time. Place the sandwich halves in the pan, buttered side down, and top each slice with about ¼ cup or more of the grated Arla Dofino Smoked Gouda. Add 2-3 slices of ham to the pan, cover with a lid and cook for about 2 minutes, then turn the ham. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or more until the cheese has melted and the bread on the bottom side is golden.
- While the cheese bread is cooking, fry the eggs in a small fry pan, either together or one at a time.
- Transfer the english muffin halves to a plate, cheese side up, and layer with the ham, slices of tomato, one fried egg and arugula. Top with the remaining smoked gouda english muffin slice and serve hot.