HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- ⅔ cup lukewarm water
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 slices ham, sliced medium
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp dried Parsley (optional)Improve RA Pain
- In a small bowl mix the yeast, sugar and water together and let the yeast rest for about 10 minutes, until it dissolves and starts bubbling up. In the bowl of your mixer add the flour, salt, butter, eggs and yeast mixture and mix for about 5 minutes. Dough should be soft, but not sticky. If dough is sticky add a bit more flour. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size in a warm place. It should take about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough so that it's about 14 inches by 18 inches and about ¼ inch in thickness. On half of the dough sprinkle all the cheddar cheese. Lay the ham slices over the cheese. Fold the dough over the filling and if you want you can pinch the ends together, but not really necessary. Cut the dough into 8 pieces. Place the pockets on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle each piece with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Let the pockets rest and rise a bit, for about half hour.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.
Serving size: 1 pocket Calories: 474 Fat: 26.2g Saturated fat: 15.2g Unsaturated fat: 0.0g Trans fat: 0.0g Carbohydrates: 39.2g Sugar: 1.9g Sodium: 970mgFiber: 1.8g Protein: 20.1g Cholesterol: 140mg