Adapted from The Ultimate Panini Press Cookbook www.cookincanuck.com
- 8 slices rustic whole-grain bread
- 4 tbsp fig preserves
- 4 oz. Gruyère cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored & thinly sliced
- Heat the panini press to medium-high heat.
- For each sandwich: Spread a layer of fig preserves on one side of each piece of bread.
- To one slice add cheese and apple slices. Close the sandwich with the other slice of bread.
- Grill two panini at a time, with the lid closed, until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted, 4 to 5 minutes.
Calories 195.4 / Total Fat 8.4g / Saturated 3.1g / Cholesterol 15.6mg / Sodium 220.4mg / Total Carbohydrates 22.7g / Fiber 3.6g / Sugar 16.2g / Protein 8.0g / WW (Old Points) 4 / WW (Points+) 5