1 medium size apple, cored and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
8 slices raisin bread
4 ounces Brie cheese, with or without the rind, sliced
1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Heat the oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and arrange the apples on the sheet. Roast the apples until they're soft and beginning to caramelize, about 15 minutes.
- Heat the panini press to medium-high heat.
- For each sandwich: Spread butter on two slices of bread. Flip over one slice and top the other side with Brie, roasted apple slices, and pecans. Close the sandwich with the other slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Grill two panini at a time, with the lid closed, until the cheese i s melted and the brea toasted, about 4-5 minutes.
reprinted with permission from Kathy Strahs, The Ultimate Panini Press Cookbook