Grilled Blackberry, Strawberry, Basil and Brie Pizza Crisp with Honey Balsamic Glaze
1/2 (about 1/2 a pound) recipe of your favorite pizza dough
1/4 cup olive oil
16 basil leaves, chopped + divided
8-12 ounces brie, sliced
1 1/2 cups strawberries, chopped
3/4 cup blackberries
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Balsamic Honey Glaze
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
- Prepare the dough 1-2 hours ahead of time.
- Well the dough rises make the honey balsamic glaze. Add the balsamic vinegar and honey to small sauce pan and simmer until reduce by half. This should take about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside until ready to use.
- When ready to grill the pizzas preheat the grill the high heat.
- Add the blackberries to a bowl and add about half of the basil. Lightly mash the blackberries with a fork.
- Invert a baking sheet and generously dust with flour.
- Divide the pizza dough in half and roll each half as thin as you can, but make sure not to rip the dough. Cut the dough into 12 to 16 squares or circles (I did both). Add the olive oil to a small bowl and brush both sides of the pizza rounds with the olive oil and place on the baking sheet.
- Carefully add half of the pizza rounds to the hot grill and grill for no more the 2 minutes. The dough will bubble up, this is good! Remove the pizzas using tongs and repeat with the remaining pizza rounds. When all the pizzas are grilled, turn the heat on the grill down to medium.
- Top the grilled side of each of the pizzas with slices of brie, but make sure to leave a 1/2 inch boarder around the edges so the brie does not melt all over the grill. Then top with lightly mashed blackberries and the chopped strawberries. Carefully return the pizzas to the grill and grill another 3 to 5 minutes, our until the brie has melted and the pizzas are crisp. Top with the remaining fresh basil and drizzle on the honey balsamic glaze.
- To make the American flag pizza place the the blackberries in the left hand corner of a square pizza crisp and then push the strawberries into the brie in rows. Grill as directed above.
You may also bake your pizza crisps in the oven. Just bake the dough for a few minutes first and then top with the toppings.