Brie, Ham, and Blackberry Grilled Cheese #SundaySupper
- 1 cup blackberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Merlot
- 8 ounces double cream brie
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 4 slices honey ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine the blackberries, sugar, and wine in a shallow, wide-bottomed pan set over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the jam is thick, syrupy, and very fragrant – about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Use a sharp paring knife to remove the rind from the cheese. Discard the rind and cut the cheese into small pieces, about ¼-inch each.
- Lay 4 piece of bread on a flat surface. Scatter each piece of bread with ¼ of the cheese. Top with a slice of ham. Slather each of the remaining sliced of bread with 1 tablespoon on blackberry jam (save any leftover jam for another use) and place, jam-side down, on top of each sandwich.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or griddle set over medium heat. When the butter begins to foam, add the sandwiches. Cook without disturbing for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip and cook another 2minutes; cover the pan and cook another 1 minute.