GOAT CHEESE STUFFED MEATBALLS WITH RUSTIC TOMATO SAUCE
Juicy meatballs filled with creamy and tangy goat cheese are baked in a rustic tomato sauce with basil and cherry tomatoes. Serve over fresh pasta or serve with toasted baguettes for a comforting meal!
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp + 1tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅓ cup milk
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup basil, not chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp pepper
- Fresh grated parmesan, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the ground meat with the egg. Mix well. Add the meats and almond flour to a small mixer and combine well. Add the italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix on medium speed, 3 minutes (do not over mix).
- Scoop out 18 meatballs, using an ice-cream scoop, or your hands if you do not have one. Don't worry about making them perfectly round yet, as you will stuff them next.
- Stuff each meatball by making a hole in the middle and placing a heaping teaspoon of goat cheese in the center. Seal the meatballs well by pinching them back together.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, add marinara sauce evenly. Add tomatoes and basil on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place meatballs on top of marinara mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink and meatballs are heated through.
- Serve with marinara sauce and sprinkled with fresh parmesan, Or serve over pasta.