BACON, GOAT CHEESE AND TOMATO PIZZA
Delicious homemade pizza crust topped with diced bacon, crumbled goat cheese and grape tomatoes.
Serves: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 cup warm water (about 110 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 1 package (1/4 oz.) instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Garlic powder
- 1 cup tomato/pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 cups part-skim shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 slices thick bacon, partially cooked and diced
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 fresh basil leaves, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place warm water in a large bowl; whisk in yeast until completely dissolved.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in olive oil and flour; continue to stir until it all comes together and a ball of dough is formed. You may need to use your hands.
- Cover with kitchen towel and set in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Line a pizza pan with foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for 3 minutes.
- Spread pizza dough on prepared pan, using the palm of your hands and fingers to stretch it out to about a 1-inch thickness.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Spread the tomato sauce on on top of the pizza crust.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Layer grape tomatoes and bacon and top with goat cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is browned and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and add fresh basil.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD