Curry Chicken Salad with Grapes and Walnuts
- 2 cups chicken, chopped into 1" cubes (rotisserie works well)
- 1/2 cup red grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup walnuts (pecans and almonds also work)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup onion chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon or more curry powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
Chop chicken into 1/2- 1 inch cubes. Saute walnuts in melted butter and 1 T. sugar for a few minutes until walnuts start to brown a little. Do not let them burn. Set aside and let cool on a paper towel.
When walnuts are cool mix with chicken and grapes in a medium bowl. Mix together low fat mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, chopped onion. Add curry powder, honey and salt and pepper. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
Stir the sauce into the chicken, walnuts and grape mixture. Adjust seasonings and add more curry powder, honey or salt and pepper if needed.
Serve on romaine lettuce or can be served in a croissant roll. Makes 4 small servings or 6 croissant sandwiches.