Chicken Avocado Salad w/ Raisins & Grapes
This Paleo Avocado Chicken Salad is a perfect combination of sweet and crunchy yet creamy! After trying this Paleo version of Chicken Salad you will wonder why you ever ate chicken salad with Mayo. Forget Hellman’s Mayo and hello creamy and enriched omega-3 fatty AVOCADO!
Author: Our Full Plate
Recipe type: Lunch
- 2 cups of cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, depitted and mashed with a fork
- ½ cup of green apple, finely chopped in ½ to ¼ inch cubes
- ¼ cup of red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons of raw walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of raisins (or cran raisins)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste
- Let’s talk first how you can cook your chicken. I usually throw in 3-4 breasts in the crock pot and cook on low for 7 hours with a mere ½ cup of broth, water, healthy marinade or sometimes even nothing. I know many people feel uneasy about not putting a lot of liquid in a crock pot with fear of burning or drying out the protein but I am here to tell you, you do not need a lot of liquid. Proteins cooked in slow cookers usually release enough liquid in the cooking process. If you do not have enough time to slow cook your chicken, you can always bake your chicken in the oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees sprayed with a little olive oil or if you are really pressed for time, I just run out and get a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and shred it.
- Once you have your chicken situation square, depit your ripe avocado and mash your avocado to somewhat of a chunky/ creamy consistency.
- Chop up your apples, grapes, cilantro, and walnuts.
- In a big bowl add your shredded chicken, creamy avocado and all your fix ins you chopped in step 3 in addition to the raisins. Once you mix everything, add the juice of your lime and some salt and blend altogether.
- You are done, viola, eat it up. I usually eat it plain or scoop it over a bed of lettuce. Either way you cannot go wrong.