Creamy Zucchini Soup
Zucchini soup with homemade yogurt is perfectly creamy. Serve it with chickpeas and pistachios.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, 2 cups when chopped
- 3 cups hot water
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 and ½ tablespoon flour
- A handful of parsley, coarsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas
- ¼ cup pistachio, sliced or chopped
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat and saute onion in it for about 10 minutes.
- Add chopped zucchini, stir and cover the pot with a lid. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add ½ cup of hot water, stir and cover the pot. Let it cook over medium low heat until zucchinis get tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk 1 egg yolk and yogurtin a large bowl well. Add flour and mix until combined.
- Very slowly pour the remaining hot water into this yogurt mixture. If you do it at once, yogurt will curdle.
- When zucchini absorbs the water, pour the yogurt mixture gradually into the pot, stirring continually.
- Toss in the chopped parsley and cook until it boils, stirring occasionally.
- Puree either with food processor or a blender and let it boil in the pot for another 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons chickpeas in each bowl and top with some chopped pistachio when serving.
- If the soup gets thicker the next day, just add a little hot water when heating it up and arrange its thickness.