adapted from Steamy Kitchen
- 1/2 pound Farfalle pasta
- 1/2 lb smoked sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream (or half and half or evaporated milk)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onion or 2 Tbsp minced onion flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- Parmesan cheese
In a large pot, boil water for pasta. Salt water. Boil pasta and cook until al dente. Set aside.
Brown sausage in a small skillet over medium heat. Once browned, add onion and saute for two minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add white wine to skillet, making sure to scrape up any brown bits from the bottom. Let wine reduce by half, about two minutes.
Stir in Cajun seasoning, paprika, salt, pepper and tomato sauce. Add cream and heat to almost bubbling, then reduce heat to low. Allow the cream mixture to reduce by half, about 5 minutes. Drain pasta and add to skillet. Toss with parsley and freshly grated Parmesan.