Tuna Pasta Bake with Tomatoes
A tasty and nutritious pasta dish with tuna and a creamy tomato sauce.
- 9 ounces pasta of your favorite, I used shell-shaped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup pureed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 and ½ cups milk
- 2 ounces canned tuna
- 4 tablespoons grated mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 370F (190C).
- Put a large pot of water onto boil. Add in the pasta, sprinkle salt in it. Cook it for 7-8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking you can prepare the sauce. Heat olive oil in another pot and saute pureed tomato in it for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk flour and cold milk and pour it into the tomato sauce. Stir continually and bring it to boil. Let it simmer until thickens over medium low heat. Add in tuna and stir well.
- Transfer the drained pasta into this sauce and stir with a spoon so that everything combines well.
- Put it in a baking pan, top with grated mozzarella and parsley. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.