Creamy Caprese Pasta
Creamy pasta loaded with tomato and cheese flavors. No cream is used in the recipe. Milk and cheese give the creaminess to the pasta.
- 1 lb pipe rigate pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 ounces mini mozzarella balls
- A few fresh basil leaves
- A few fresh mint leaves
- Cook pasta according to the package in a pot of salted water. When it’s completely cooked, drain leaving a little water in the pot.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Saute halved grape tomatoes and tomato paste in it.
- Pour milk in it and stir.
- Transfer the pasta into the pan with that little juice and stir.
- Add in mozzarella balls and butter and cover the pan. Let them melt in the pan for about 2 minutes. Finally toss in the basil leaves and stir to combine them all well.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve hot or warm.