Cous Cous with Roasted Veggies and Feta
- 1 Cup uncooked whole wheat cous cous (makes about 2.5 cups after it’s cooked)
- 1 Cup of grape tomatoes
- 1 Zucchini, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3/4 Yellow onion, cut into large, bite size chunks
- 2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1/3 Cup fresh basil, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 1/4 Cup crumbled feta cheese (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 Teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Prep veggies by cutting them into large, bite size chunks so they all cook evenly. Arrange the veggies in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over veggies, and then mix with your hands until all of the veggies are evenly coated (depending on how many veggies you are roasting, you may have to add more or less olive oil). Place in the oven for 40 minutes to 1 hour. The veggies are done once they start to caramelize and brown.
In a separate pot, cook the cous cous according to the directions on the box. Put the cooked cous cous in a large bowl. Add the roasted veggies, lemon juice, feta, basil, and red pepper flakes. Mix everything together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve while warm, and top off each place with some more crumbled feta and fresh basil!