Corn Bread with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Basil, and Cheese
Author: Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health
Serves: 1 loaf
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup corn meal
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 10-12 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded cheese + 1 tablespoon for topping (i used provolone + mozzarella mix)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease the loaf pan and leave it aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flours, salt, pepper, baking powder, and garlic powder together.
- In another bowl, lightly beat, milk, oil, eggs and pour it over the dry ingredients slowly.
- Mix everything together and gently fold in sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and cheese
- pour the batter into the loaf pan and top it with cheese and few basil leaves if desired.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the bread rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.