- 3 cups large shell pasta, uncooked (6 cups cooked)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin smoked fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin aged gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, slivered
- 3/4 cup sweet corn, cooked
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh basil, chopped, for garnish
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions, minus 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain and set aside.
While pasta is cooking, make cheese sauce. Over medium high heat, melt butter in large sauce pan and whisk in flour. Cook while whisking for about 2 minutes. Add milk and whisk continuously to avoid any clumps. Cook until mixture thickens and begins to bubble, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in pesto, then add cheeses. Add corn and sun-dried tomatoes. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with herbs. Serve immediately.