Coconut Crepes with Caramelized Banana Sauce
Serves: 6-8 servings
Prep time:30 mins
Cook time:15 mins
Total time:45 mins
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
Caramelized Banana Sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 3 large ripe, but slightly firm bananas, sliced
- Toasted coconut for serving
- Powdered sugar for serving
- Prepare the crepes: Place all crepe ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed a few seconds until completely smooth. Transfer batter to a measuring glass and chill in refrigerator at least 30 minutes (batter may be stored in fridge up to 1 day)
- Cook the crepes: Heat a lightly-greased non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches pour 1/4 cup batter in pan. Cook 1-2 minutes on first side, then flip and cook an additional 1 minute on opposite side. Transfer to a serving plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep crepes warm.
- Make the sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter then whisk in sugar, agave, cinnamon, and rum. Bring sauce to a simmer and stir occasionally until thickened and golden. Reduce heat to medium and add bananas to sauce, stirring until coated. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the crepes. Fold each crepe in quarters and top with banana sauce. Sprinkle with coconut and dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!