Blueberry Sauce Crepes with Honey Whipped Cream
Soft and silky Crepes filled with a sweet Honey Whipped Cream and accompanied by a warm Blueberry Sauce.
For the Crepes
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- cooking spray
For the Blueberry Sauce
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the Honey Whipped Cream
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons honey
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt; set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, lemon juice, vanilla, and eggs.
- Gradually add milk mixture to flour mixture, whisking until smooth.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
In the meantime, prepare the blueberry sauce.
- Combine blueberries, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice in a nonstick frying pan.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, or until juices are bubbly and fruit is tender.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
Prepare the Honey Whipped Cream
- Pour the heavy cream into a large mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until it begins to thicken.
- Add honey and continue to beat until soft peaks form. Taste it and add more honey if you like it sweeter.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Make the Crepes
- Lightly grease a large nonstick frying pan, or a crepe pan, with cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- Add 1/3-cup batter and swirl to completely cover bottom of pan.
- Cook until edges of crepe curl-up and underside of crepe is golden brown; about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip the crepe and continue to cook for 1 more minute, or until lightly browned.
- Remove crepe from skillet and repeat with remaining batter.
- Coat pan with cooking spray in between each crepe.
- Spread the Honey Whipped Cream inside each crepe.
- Roll or fold the crepe and top with the blueberry sauce.
- You can reheat the blueberry sauce by adding 1/2 teaspoon water while you warm it over medium-low heat.