Chocolate Pumpkin Crepes
Ingredients (8 crepes)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can low fat evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- Melted butter, for brushing the pan
- Caramel sauce
- Whipped cream
InstructionsFor the filling
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a bowl, beat eggs until mixed well then stir in sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin and evaporated milk.
3. Pour into 9″ pie plate and bake for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 350°F and bake for another 45 minutes. Use your cake tester comes out clean to make sure it’s done.
4. Remove from oven and leave on counter for at least one hour; once it has cooled, scoop the entire pie into a bowl and whisk filling until it is is very smoothFor the Crepes
1. In a large bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, flour, cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla and salt on medium speed until smooth. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat then lightly brush with melted butter. Ladle about a 1/4-cupful of batter into the pan. Lift and swirl the pan to coat the entire bottom with a thin layer of batter. Cook until top is set and bottom is golden, about 1 minute; flip carefully with a spatula and your fingers and cook on the other side for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from pan and place on a plate. Repeat with remaining batter, brushing on more butter as needed. Let crepes cool slightly.
3. Place pumpkin filling in crepe and roll up and if desired, top with caramel and whipped cream.