Pumpkin Pie Crepes
- 5 eggs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 1 1/2 C milk (I typically use 2%, but whatever you have on hand will work)
- 1 C water (I've used extra milk instead of the water and it just makes them a bit richer)
- Several tablespoons of butter (the Serbian recipe calls for lard, but I stuck with butter) for the skillet
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients except butter until there are no lumps.
- Heat a skillet on medium (the size of your skillet will be the size of your crepe, so just decide how big you want them).
- When the skillet is warm, melt enough butter in it to coat the skillet.
- Pour a ladle full of batter onto the buttered skillet and swirl the pan to spread the batter evenly over the entire skillet.
- Cook untouched until bubbles form in the crepe (about 1 minute).
- Flip the crepe and cook for another minute.
- Turn out onto a plate.
- Repeat steps 3-7 until all of your batter is used. To speed things up, you can work two skillets at once. It's not as hard as it sounds.
The Pumpkin Pie Crepe Filling
The filling for these crepes is pumpkin pie! I used the same recipe and steps I used when I made pumpkin pie frosting. Check out my pumpkin pie frosting post for the details.