CHICKEN WALDORF SANDWICH
Author: Sara McCleary
Recipe type: Lunch
- 325 grams chicken fillet, poached and finely diced
- 90 grams celery, finely diced
- 1 apple, peeled and finely diced
- 45 grams walnuts, finely chopped
- 20 grams chives, chopped
- ⅔ cup Japanese mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon horseradish cream
- 400 grams smoked mozzarella, sliced
- 8 thick slices of your favourite bread
- Mix all ingredients, beside mozzarella and bread, in a bowl until completely combined.
- Generously butter the sides of your sliced bread that will be the outside of the sandwich, the bread surfaces that will be touching the pan.
- Spoon a generous amount of filling onto four of the slices of bread, then layer onto of each slice the sliced mozzarella. Then make a sandwich with the remaining slices.
- In a non-stick pan, fry your sandwiches over a low heat. Add more butter if you feel it is needed. They are ready once the bread is golden, cheese has melted and filling has warmed through.
- Serve with garden salad, or not.