Cheesy Chicken & Avocado Melts
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- juice of half a lime, plus more for drizzling
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 slices crusty bread 3/4" thick (I suggest Italian Pugliese)
- 1-1/2 cups leftover rotisserie chicken, pulled into pieces
- 2 large California avocados, peeled and sliced
- pepper jack cheese*
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime zest, juice from half a lime, red onion, pepper, salt and cumin. Spread mixture evenly on sliced bread.
- Cover bread slices completely with chicken pieces. Place 4-5 avocado slices on top of chicken and drizzle lime juice over the slices. Cover the avocados with sliced pepper jack cheese.
- Place open faced sandwiches under the broiler until the cheese is slightly browned and bubbling; about 5-7 minutes.
- *I did not measure exactly how much cheese I used. I cut thin slices from a block of pepper jack cheese and placed over the avocados until completely covered.