Chicken & Zucchini Poppers (GF, DF)
Author: One Lovely Life
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 2c grated zucchini (leave peel on)
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 3-4 Tbsp cilantro, minced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- (optional: ¾ tsp cumin)
- olive oil, for cooking (or coconut oil, avocado oil, or ghee)
- Toss chicken with zucchini, green onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper (and cumin, if using). Mixture will be quite wet.
To cook on the stovetop:
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Use a small scoop or a heaped tablespoon to scoop meatballs into the pan. Cook 8-10 at a time for about 5-6 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook an additional 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown and the centers are cooked through.
- Drizzle a bit of olive or avocado oil onto a baking sheet. Scoop meatballs onto the greased pan. Drizzle a bit of additional oil over the meatballs. Bake at 400 degrees 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through. If desired, place under the broiler for an additional 2-3 minutes or until browned on top.
- Serve with guacamole, salsa, or your favorite dip.