Cheesy Kentucky Hot Brown Quiche
Author: Melissa Sperka
Serves: 8 pieces
- 1 (9) inch deep dish frozen pie crust
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, sliced ¼-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped turkey
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded Borden Triple Cheddar Cheese Blend
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp diced pimento, well drained (optional)
- 1½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp Borden shredded Parmesan or grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp Panko Bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the frozen pie shell on a baking sheet. Prick the bottom several times using a fork then set aside.
- Lay the tomato slices on a paper towel in a single layer and very lightly sprinkle with salt.. Press another paper towel on top. Sit for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the bottom of the pie shell with ⅓ of the Borden shredded Triple Cheddar cheese.
- Top with turkey and bacon and ⅓ of the Borden shredded Triple Cheddar cheese.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, green onion, pimento, garlic salt, onion powder, Dijon, black pepper and nutmeg until fully combined.
- Pour carefully over the turkey and bacon making sure it's evenly distributed. Sprinkle the top with the remaining Borden shredded Triple Cheddar cheese.
- 'Arrange the tomato slices over the shredded cheese. (You may need 14-16 slices total depending on how they're arranged)
- Toss the Parmesan and Panko with the melted butter. Sprinkle over the tomatoes.
- Carefully place into the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken and the top is golden. Cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil, if needed to prevent over browning.
- Allow to cool to warm before cutting. Serve warm or at room temperature.