Crustless Cheesy Potato & Spinach Quiche
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
- 5 small butter potatoes, sliced ¼" thick
- ¼ cup leeks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup white organic flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ½ cup fat free half and half
- 1 cup grated Gruyère cheese
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the sliced potatoes in a small saucepan, cover with water, add a little salt and bring to a simmer. Cook the potatoes until tender, but not falling apart, about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, add garlic and leeks and sauté about 2 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook a few minutes until wilted.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, salt and eggs. Add milk and half and half.
- Stir in the spinach leek mixture and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a 9 inch baking pan. Arrange potato slices on the bottom, pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake until golden and puffed, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and chives.