Cheddar Bacon Egg Salad
Adjust salt as needed in this recipe, as some bacon and cheddar are quite salty already.
- 6 eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Add the eggs to a medium sized pot and fill with water to 1 inch above the eggs. Bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat, cover with a lid, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Run the eggs under cold water or place them in an ice bath until cold.
- While the eggs are cooling, chop the bacon into bite sized pieces and fry until crisp over medium heat. Drain the fat and set aside the bacon.
- Peel the eggs and mash them finely with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, parsley, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Stir in the bacon and cheddar.
- Serve as a dip with crackers or between bread as a sandwich.