Rich and fudgy brownies with an intense chocolate flavor, loaded with butterscotch chips and pecans.
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease and flour a 8X8-inch baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolates over low heat, stirring frequently. Once smooth, remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the eggs and sugar in a large bowl and whisk until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in vanilla extract.
- Gradually (so that eggs do not curdle) whisk in chocolate mixture.
- Switch to a wooden spoon or rubber spatula and mix flour and salt into the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in half of the pecans and half of the butterscotch chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining pecans and butterscotch chips on top.
- Return pan to oven for 15-20 more minutes. Cool to room temperature before cutting.
To toast pecans, place on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. They should be lightly browned and fragrant.