Banana Pecan Pancakes
4 bananas (2 bananas diced for the batter, 2 sliced for garnishing)
1/2 cup of pecans, toasted
1 cup of maple syrup
2 cups of Jiffy Baking Mix
1 1/4 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Before beginning the pancake batter, be sure to have the bananas sliced and diced and pecans toasted. Place the pecans in a microwave safe bowl with the syrup. Heat them for 40 seconds in the microwave.
Heat oven to 250 degrees.
Prepare pancake batter by whisking together Jiffy Baking Mix, milk, sugar and salt. On a griddle or cast-iron pan, heat oil on medium (about 1 minute). Pour batter into the pan to form 4-5 inch pancakes. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of bananas on each pancake before flipping. Flip after 2-3 minutes, or when bubbles begin to form and the edges slightly brown. Cook on medium for 2-3 more minutes. Keep pancakes on a baking sheet in the oven until ready to serve.
Serve topped with sliced bananas and hot pecan syrup.
- 2 cups dry pancake mix – follow recipe according to box
- OR Perfect Pancake batter
- 2 bananas
- Make the pancake batter.
- Mash one banana in a small bowl and then add it to the pancake batter.
- Slice the second banana in about ¼ inch slices and set aside.
- Scoop about ¼ cup pancake batter at a time onto a preheated griddle sprayed with non stick spray.
- Place some banana slices on top of each pancake on your griddle.
- When pancake batter starts to bubble, carefully flip with a spatula.
- Cook until the bottom side of the pancake is done.