Burrata Pizza Pie
- 1 recipe Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- 1 3-ounce package prosciutto
- handful of fresh basil, fried or torn into pieces
- red pepper flakes
- Pre-heat your oven to 500 degrees.
- Thirty minutes before cooking the pizza, put your pizza stone in the oven.
- Stretch out your pizza dough using your hands in a circular motion, then lay it on a flat surface and flatten it out using a rolling pin. If you have a pizza peel, sprinkle some flour on it and place the stretched out dough on the peel.
- Once your dough is flat and ready to be heated, use a spoon to spread the pizza sauce all around the dough leaving a little bit for the crust.
- Pop your pizza peel in the oven and slide it over the stone for ten minutes.
- After ten minutes, pull out the pizza and sprinkle the creamy burrata on top of the pie.
- Put your pizza back in the oven for another 3-4 minutes.
- When the cheese is just starting to melt, take it out and top with prosciutto and the fried basil, salt, and red pepper flakes. Cut into 6-8 slices and serve immediately.