- 1 large ball burrata cheese
- 2 large ripe nectarines
- Small fistful fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze
- Sea salt, to taste
- Grilled or pan-toasted sourdough bread or French baguette (see note below)
- Halve the nectarines, brush the fleshy sides with 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil and dust with sea salt. Grill on high heat for a few minutes on each side (you want some grill marks, and a warm centre, but you don't want to cook them to mush). Set aside to cool slightly, and then chop into thin wedges.
- Bring the burrata to room temperature, and then place it on a pretty serving dish and cut it down the middle to let the cream run out a bit. Arrange the nectarines and basil overtop, and then pour over the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, drizzle with balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze, and sprinkle with a bit of sea salt.
To grill bread slices, brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Grill (or toast in a hot dry skillet) for a couple of minutes on each side, or until they start to turn brown and crisp.