Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe with Brie, Pear & Hazelnuts
From the kitchen of Cookin Canuck
Serves: Serves 4
- 8 slices country-style whole wheat bread
- 4 oz. Brie cheese, sliced
- 1 medium ripe pear, sliced
- 4 tsp honey or agave nectar
- 4 tsp chopped hazelnuts, lightly toasted
- 1 cup (packed) arugula leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- On 4 slices of bread, lay the Brie cheese, pear, honey, hazelnuts and arugula, dividing evenly between the slices.
- Lay the remaining 4 slices of bread on top to form sandwiches.
- Preheat a cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Brush the top slices of bread with olive oil.
- Place the sandwiches top-side down in the preheated skillet. Brush the other slices of bread (now the top) with the remaining olive oil.
- Cook until the bottom slice of bread is golden brown. Flip over the sandwiches and cook until the other side of the sandwich is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Cut the sandwiches in half and serve.