Brie Crostini w/ Caramelized Onions, Pear and Pine Nuts
- 10 slices of baguette, about 1/4 inch
- 4 oz President Brie, rind cut off
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/3 cup diced pear
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Brush the baguette slices with a little bit of olive oil and bake them for about 8 minutes. Take them out and set aside.
- Lower the temperature to 375.
- In a small pan, saute sliced onion on medium-high heat, until it starts to golden. Add the diced pears and saute for a couple more minutes. Mix in pine nuts and set aside.
- Lay the crostini on a baking sheet, toasted side up and sprinkle with some salt.
- Thinly slice the cheese and divide among the crostini, on the toasted side.
- Divide the onion/pear mixture among the crostini.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes.