Crispy bacon & brie grilled cheese sandwich with caramelized onions
Author: Alida Ryder
Recipe type: Grilled cheese, Sandwich, Lunch
for the caramelised onions
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
for the sandwich
- 250g bacon, cooked until crisp
- 100g brie cheese, sliced
- 4-6 slices bread of your choice
- To make the caramelised onions, heat a large frying pan over medium heat then sauté the onions in the olive oil with the salt until soft and golden. Add the sugar and vinegar and allow to caramelise. Set aside.
- To make the sandwich, butter the bread on both sides then top with the onions, brie cheese and bacon.
- Grill in a hot pan/sandwich press until golden brown and heated through.
- Serve immediately.