GLUTEN FREE BREAKFAST TOSTADAS
Crispy, gluten free breakfast tostadas made with baked brown rice tortillas, over easy eggs, fresh veggies, salsa and sour cream and cheese.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 2 brown rice tortillas (or other gluten free tortilla) such as Food for Life brand
- salt, pepper and garlic powder
- olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- optional toppings: salsa, red onion, kale, radish, sour cream, cheese, avocado slices, guacamole, hot sauce, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place tortillas on a baking sheet. Brush both sides with olive, grapeseed or refined coconut oil and then sprinkle generously with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- If your tortillas are too large, cut them into smaller circles with a pizza cutter and cut the smaller scraps into "chips" to bake alongside the tostada circles.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until brown and crispy on both sides. Watch them closely as they turn quickly.
- In the meantime, cook eggs as desired and set aside.
- Remove tostadas from oven and top with eggs and desired toppings.
Serving size: 1 tostada Calories: 219 Fat: 8 g Carbohydrates: 25 g Sugar: 1 g Fiber: 2 gProtein: 8.7 g