what you'll need
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed per box instructions
- 6 slices ham
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cup scrambled eggs, about 5 eggs
- 1 tsp egg, beaten with water for egg wash
- salt and pepper
let's do it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Unfold and roll the puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface into a 16" x 16" square. Pinch the seams created by folds to seal them together as you roll. Move the dough often so that you can tell when it is beginning to stick. Dust any sticky areas with a little bit of flour.
- Arrange the ham slices in the center of the dough leaving approximately 1" border all the way around.
- Add the cheese and scrambled eggs in a 3" wide line in the center of the ham running the entire width of the ham, but not all the way to the edge of the dough. The ingredients should be in a line in the center of the dough, running from your left to right.
- Brush the edges around the perimeter of the dough with egg wash. This will act as a glue to seal the edges of the puff pastry when you bring them together.
- Begin rolling the Stromboli by taking the side of dough nearest to you and rolling it over the filling and bringing it together with the opposite side. Roll the Stromboli over until the seam is on the bottom. Tuck each of the ends under to seal and brush the entire roll with egg wash. You can sprinkle the dough with a little salt and pepper if you would like.
- Bake for 25−30 minutes until the crust is a deep golden brown color. You will notice that it has puffed up quite a bit.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve immediately. Enjoy!