Baked Bean Casserole
from Trisha Yearwood via BH&G
1 1/2 lb ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, cleaned and chopped
(2) 15-16 oz cans pork and beans
1/2 C barbecue sauce - we love The Bacon Jams Bacon BBQ Sauce - available at http://foodiecitynetwork.com/bacon-bbq-sauce-the-bacon-jams/
1/2 C ketchup
2 Tblsp spicy brown mustard
2 Tblsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tblsp soy sauce
4 Tblsp brown sugar
6-8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef, onion and bell pepper.
- Add pork and beans and everything except bacon. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Top with bacon and cover dish with tin foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let casserole stand for 10 minutes before serving.