Asian Marinated Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- 1 Pound large shrimp, shelled and de-veined (you can leave the tails on if you like, I took them off so we could shovel them in our mouths faster, ha!)
- 3 Tbls unsalted butter
- 2 Tbls soy sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbls sugar
- 2 green onions, bruised but not chopped
- Place all ingredients except for the shrimp in a sauce pan over medium heat. Let come to a simmer then take off the heat and let cool on the counter.
- Place shrimp and marinade in a bag or bowl covered in plastic wrap and marinade for at least an hour in the fridge. Try to let marinade around 3-5 hours but not longer.
- Take shrimp out of marinade and place on skewers. If using wooden skewers, let these soak over night in water.
- Grill over high heat until just cooked. Do not overcook or shrimp will become rubbery. This will only take about 3-4 minutes per side, depending how big the shrimp are. You can baste the shrimp with the marinade when they first hit the grill but after that, toss out the marinade.
- Serve and enjoy! These don't need any condiments, they are super flavorful and moist on their own!
Type a description for this product here...