Grilled Jerk Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers
Prep Time: 10 minutes Marinate Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Servings: 4
Spicy grilled jerk marinated shrimp and sweet and juicy pineapple skewers!
- 1 pound (20-25 or 16-20) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup jerk marinade
- 2 slices pineapple, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Marinate the shrimp in the the half of the jerk marinade for at least 20 minutes and up to over night, skewer the shrimp and pineapple and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 182, Fat 3g (Saturated 0g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 239mg, Sodium 408mg, Carbs 11g (Fiber 0.6g, Sugars 5.7g), Protein 27g
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes Servings: 4
A quick and easy homemade jerk marinade!
- 1+ scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1/2 orange, juice and zest
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- Puree everything in a food processor.
Tip: Scotch bonnet peppers can be a little hot so you may want to start by adding half a pepper, test the heat level and continue adding more until the marinade is as hot as you want.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 77, Fat 3g (Saturated 0.3g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 0, Sodium 455mg, Carbs 8g (Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g