Zucchini, Goat Cheese, and Tomato Frittata
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped zucchini (3 small zucchini squash)
- 1 cup cherry/grape heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 8 eggs, well beaten
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute, stirring occasionally until translucent, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the chopped zucchini, tomato, garlic, and sea salt. Continue sauteing until zucchini has softened but is still al dente, and the skins of the tomatoes begin to wilt, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until well-beaten. Whisk in the crumbled goat cheese.
- Transfer the sauteed veggie mixture to an 10-inch round baking pan or casserole dish. Pour in the egg/goat cheese mixture and use a spoon to evenly spread the veggies and eggs in the pan.
- Place on the center rack of the oven with a baking sheet underneath (just in case - to catch any egg that spills over). Bake for 32 to 40 minutes, until eggs have set up and are golden-brown on top. Let frittata sit 15 minutes before slicing and serving.